Saturday, September 18, 2021

Woodland Critters

Working on this quilt I couldn’t help thinking about the pet sadness I recently had in my little circle.  After we had to put our Border Collie to sleep on 10 August which was a Tuesday, my Sis phoned the Sunday to inform me, they had to do the same with their Great Dane and then this week Tuesday a friend arrived just after having put her 16-year-old cat to sleep and on Friday another quilter friend phoned to say she was at the vet, preparing to do the kind thing.  Not easy on anyone and I honestly hope 4 is now enough.

I’ve received a nice treat from a quilt customer when complaining about how bad my hands are taking all the detergents after starting to do the cleaning myself and when she came to fetch her quilt, she gave me the most divine hand and nail cream.  I do love my Aqueous cream but some brands are so fatty and I love to start quilting after the cleaning has been done but need some lotion on my dry hands and this gift is the best.  Nothing like an unexpected surprise.

I got this quilt late Friday, got it loaded and planned to start early morning.  However, after breakfast, getting dressed and hubby walking the dogs, we parked ourselves behind the TV (as pensioners should) and watched our recorded final episode of Survivor South Africa.   I only got to this much later.

There were these tiny dragonflies on the backing and I did free-motion loops and leaves but popped in the occasional dragonfly.


Good news for this morning is that I enrolled in my next course by Adria Good and is ready to get started.  Hubby will be playing golf tomorrow morning, so good time to concentrate on what I should be doing.



No comments:

Post a Comment