Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Part 2 of Build your own portfolio by Adria Good

I enrolled for this on Saturday. 18 September, got my parrot chewed sheet loaded and while hubby went to play golf on Sunday morning, I had the laundry folded and ironing done before 6 am.  Then I just had to replace the bedding in the guest rooms after having the grandkids over last weekend.  With all my chores done, breakfast and getting dressed, I parked myself behind the computer to start this course.

First up was to print the PDF files on every motif and place these in a flip file to allow me to trace over these with a whiteboard marker as practice on paper while watching the instructional video before heading to the machine.

I had several attempts at the Ribbon design and finally settled for this one to become part of my portfolio

Monday started with cleaning house first and then I went on to the second motif called Bubbles.  This came rather natural to me as we’ve done the loops in part 1 of this course and I have tried my hand at bubbles on several quilts.

Then the Courier Guy stopped and delivered a quilt from out of town and when this is finished it will be shipped to a granddaughter all the way in Australia.  Here and then my course was interrupted as I prefer to do customer quilts as soon as possible.

Now, this was an interesting quilt made up of only sashing’s, a border and one large double batted applique flower.  What to do where?  I decided on different motifs for the different fabric colours as I got clear instructions from the quilter to “jazz it up”.  I ended up with 14 different motifs and I should do something like this for myself.  I often forget about a motif totally until I change bedding and see what I’ve done on a previous (older) quilt.



I still have 2 more customers quilts before I can continue with my course.  I do love these!

1 comment:

  1. Are you looking for a loan to finance your project at the rate of 2% in return or Home loan or car loan then Mr Pedro loan offer will be good for you since they offered international loan to individual or company looking for way to expand their business or personal loan because Mr pedro and his working company helped me finance my business at the rate of 2% in return in which I will be closing my loan next year on this date, I really hope to order another loan from them because they are genuine loan company with a very good interest.
    Contact Mr Pedro loan offer on E-Mail: pedroloanss@gmail.com whatsapp: +1-863-231-0632

    ReplyDelete