Wednesday, September 08, 2021

Quilting through extra thick upholstery batting

These two polyester sheets with very thick polyester batting got to me late yesterday afternoon.  This is for the lady that makes fabric dress-up dolls and use my quilted backgrounds to secure her doll bodies on.

This time however she sent ultra-thick batting, more suitable for upholstery, I would imagine.

It was terrible trying to quilt through it as it had so much loft which caused the fabric to move in the direction I would be sewing and I had to keep one hand on the fabric all the time to try to smooth the fabric and keep it from making puckers.

I still worry about her having to do the applique, she uses satin stitch, and how this would work under her domestic machine.  I however, asked her not to use this again if she wants me to quilt it.




1 comment:

  1. That looks like it could bruise your arm muscles. Some people just expect one to work miracles. At least you got it done and also had told her not to use that batting again.

    ReplyDelete