Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fixed and finished

Remember my upside down block in the post here? Fixed…. but not in the way most other quilters would have done it. I did it my way. There was just no way that I would unpick the whole quilt from the border right down to the incorrect block. So…… I just unpicked the block, flipped it around and stitched it right back from where it came. For a moment there having the wrong block removed I thought to myself if I don’t get it back I’ll simply call it my “Hole-in-the-wall” quilt.




I used dense free-motion pebbles to fill my cubes leaving the cube sides un-quilted further enhancing the illusion of depth.

Completed:  28 November 2010

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Hettie!!! Your quilt is amazing and taking the block and replacing it must have been a stressful task, but it looks great!!! How long did the quilt take you to piece??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna & Kris this is all done doing strip piecing so no awful set-in seams at all. This is a lap sized quilt and I did it in a weekend. Plan to make one for a double bed soon.

    ReplyDelete