Thursday, April 23, 2020

The Stash Buster Challenge 2020


This is the name of a group on Facebook and with unknown days until the lockdown ends, I thought to give this one a try.  What I like is that this quilt is made up using only one block but has so many layout possibilities.

For years I’ve been complaining about the amount of green fabric (yards, fat quarters, pre-cuts and scraps) that I have and even though I don’t think I like green all that much it just seems to escalate.
I decided to make this quilt in mostly autumn colours, starting with my green fabric as half of every block.  The other half will be made up of other colours.

Now my sewing room is one big mess again, having thrown out all the scraps in the green drawer to see what would be big enough to make half a block but with the help of my Accuquilt I had 144 (the number of blocks needed for my quilt) green fabric cut and pinned to the design wall.

Now I will start choosing, cutting and adding the second colours and I guess then playtime with the arrangement can start.

O and just to have at least ONE cleaning activity on my schedule during lockdown….. I cleaned the food cupboard (not a pantry as to me one should be able to walk into a pantry) and for the next couple of weeks, I’ll obviously not be able to find anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment