Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Modified 9-patch – That ever so irritating mistake


Why I never see a mistake once I’ve completed a row, I just cannot explain, o no it will take 2 more rows before little old me realises something is off.  Now just look at this!

That black, marked with a pin, should have been on top….. Ugh!!  Time to take out a new surgical blade – learnt from previous experience (yes, I’ve done this before) that for this purpose a blade works much better than a seam ripper.  There… the problem has been taken out.

With the block and its space in the quilt re-ironed, time to sew it back, one seam at a time. And before I had to wake “Mossie” at 6 am, I had the problem fixed and all my lines ran as they should.  On close inspection one can see this but I believe once quilted and washed, even I will find it hard to find the ‘insert’.

I do however believe during lockdown I should remember this…

Now the sad part is that even if I get to finish this quilt, I don’t have batting!  I have enough extra-wide backing but I never thought I’d finish a quilt in a couple of days?

No comments:

Post a Comment