Friday, January 04, 2019

Cat panel quilt 3


With all the blocks to this one done, I found it a fairly useless size.  It was just too big for a crib and not big enough for any other bed, so I opted to add sashing.  This was slightly wider but still not long enough


I then added sashing to the length too and the nice thing about having just reorganized my sewing room is that I actually still remember where I found what!  So I wanted cornerstones between the sashing – it just makes measuring the right size so much easier – and I remembered a colorful remnant from an older project and used that.

I also remembered to look in my remnant drawers and found black fabric that I could still use for sashing.  If I keep this ‘remembering thing’ up I might just work away some of the fabric in my scrap drawers!


However, even after this, I am still not satisfied with the size.  I should have called it “The Piece as You Go” quilt as with every step, I wonder what the next would be.

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful. I just love the cornerstones. How about adding some of that fabric to the short sides only? Or just solid black?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not enough of that fabric left. I am thinking about the black.

      Delete