Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Cat panel quilt 2


Happy New Year to all!

I got a little more sewing done before having to start with the preparation for our New Years’ eve celebration yesterday.  I started sewing the blocks to the background but did it somewhat different from what the video shows in that I placed my picture block on top of the background in the position that I wanted this and pinned it.


I’d then flip the block on the light table so I could mark the outline


Once marked I had clear lines on where I should fold when ironing


Done stitching and I ended up with 11½” square blocks and it even looks as if I used borders of different widths.


I placed my picture blocks in different positions on my backgrounds.

I played a little game with myself…. Duh, with only me in the house, who else would I play with?  I could stitch 4 pictures to their background blocks (one row) and then I had to do a little cleaning… anything, empty trash cans, mop, vacuum, wipe and when done with a couple of tasks, I could sew the next 4. It turned out good.  When hubby returned from the golf course it was to a tidy house with me having all my blocks sewn to the backgrounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment