Thursday, March 23, 2017

Quilting a duvet cover

Dear granddaughter received a duvet cover for Christmas and DIL asked me to bat and quilt this.  With my shoulder acting up, I only got around to it now and it was the worst fabric ever, very silk-like polyester.  When I quilt, I use a Topstitch 90 needle and I was worried that it would be too thick for the fabric but it worked like magic.

The problem was that the front and back was cut so skew that there was no way the two would lay flat on each other. So I knew I would have puckers.  I then simply decided to at least keep the front fairly pucker free and not break my neck about what happens on the back.

Being an under the sea theme I had to decide which quilt pattern I’d like to stitch out on it and at first thought of doing wavy lines but then I remembered these circles and they reminded me of bubbles, so I went with the circles.

The fabric also has a stretch to it which caused little bubbles in between the quilting lines but not much I could do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment