Monday, March 20, 2017

Not that artistic after all

As usual I had a great weekend watching one TQS video after the other for free as a treat for International Quilt Day and again I was amazed by the creativity of all these quilters.  So much to do, so little time!

Well when I finally got my applique shape ironed onto the background I was not impressed at all.  I really do not have a moment’s creativity in me but heck I came this far, I had no intention of stopping here.  Winter is on its way to South Africa and I am quite convinced if all else fails, some needy person would appreciate a warm quilt and not give a damn how it looked (hopefully)!  Does this not look like some stick insect?

 I used a variegated King Tut thread to do a zig-zag stitch all around the edges of the applique shape.

And even after sewing it down, it did not look any better (and I wonder what made me think, it would?)

No comments:

Post a Comment