Sunday, September 10, 2006

Quilted carry bag


Still struggling through the beginner's course; we had to make this carry bag as we soon realized that attending quilt classes literally meant moving house every second week. The 9-patch was the first block we made and with this little knowledge it seemed only logical to make the bag using 9-patch blocks as well.

With this and the other projects made in my first 2 years, I just wanted to have many quilted projects and almost raced to complete as many as possible without paying attention to detail and neat fitting of corners and blocks.

This little bag served it's purpose for a while but as I learnt with what I was comfortable and what I needed when quilting, I've exchanged this for an ordinary plastic basket.

Completed November 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment