Sunday, September 10, 2006

Beginning the quilting experience


One day, while shopping for machine needless in the local Bernina shop I overheard a lady (Iessie Steenberg) talking about her quilting classes for beginners & immediately gave up my name. Then on 4 Septemeber 2004 armed with calico and 6 fat quarters I started my quilting journey by attending classes twice a month.

Needless to say these classes were so much fun with plenty of girl talk, giggles, coffee and I soon discovered that quilting was a rather expensive hobby but by then I was already hooked.

We started by making a Sampler quilt being taught a new technique with every block we made. This took almost a year to complete but in the mean while Iessie taught us to machine quilt a small item just to get the feeling and this potholder was my very first try. Paperpieced in the colors of my kitchen and quilted in the ditch.

Not much now but back then, one magnificent victory on the quilt front!

Complete 7 October 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment