Thursday, September 21, 2006

First wholecloth


During the April 06 class teacher, Iessie explained this wholecloth technique. I, however missed the class, seeing that I was fortunate enough to go on vacation to Mauritius. Iessie however offered to repeat the class one Saturday morning and I enrolled.

The Friday evening before class, we were invited to a art exhibition and what was to be a quick trip to look at the art turned into a long evening with far too much red wine and blue cheese and I got home just to late to do any preparations for the class.

Early the next morning, with one massive hangover, I had to do the preparations and the more I tried to square the sandwich, the smaller the quilt became. However made it to the class but took a long and serious nap afterwards.

Must admit the quilt came out much nicer than I felt when making it!

Completed: 27 April 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment