Monday, September 18, 2006

Blue Frost


Round about March 2005 by then very excited about all I knew, I decided to make my own quilt - in other words not using a pattern supplied by our teacher or from a magazine. After paging through several books & magazines I found one applique snowman picture and then the collection of snowmen pictures started. Did the applique blocks first and realized that the quilt would be rather small with only the little snowmen and I had to improvise.

Found a paper-piecing palm leave pattern and again made the mistake of repeating the same pattern over and over until I felt like screaming! However the once 'too small' quilt grew into a full-sized bed quilt of 2 by 2 metres.

Eventually gave this to one of my friends for her birthday.

Completed 18 June 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment