Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Iessie's cheat block


During one of our classes our teacher, Iessie, showed us how to make this quick & easy cheat block starting with a printed centre square. Not a week later, I found the perfect fabric for this specific block and started working almost immediately. It only took me 3 days to complete all the blocks.

With my mom in hospital and me having to visit her several times a day, I however decided to do blanket stitch around every picture in the centre and this took somewhat longer.

I also repeated the lessons learnt in the seminole class to make this border and I am very proud of this quilt although something went horribly wrong with the backing and I've stitched in several random pleats without noticing it!!

Completed: 17 July 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment