Friday, March 26, 2021

Tuesday movie mornings and another quilt

My weekly cleaning-crew comes in on a Tuesday and in the past, the dogs had to be put outside while they did their thing.  Turns out, I too now get the same treatment as the dogs.  I have to stay outside too.  A massive mission, to say the least, I have to take all I need outside before they arrive, water, laptop, something to chew, jacket (it becomes colder daily), snacks for the parrot, nibbles for the dogs and have an extension cord running from inside the house to power my laptop.

Now as much as I envied people who were able to simply sit and relax, doing it too often, can become somewhat of a bore.  To make it more interesting, I’ve decided to either watch a movie on my laptop or some quilt videos, so Tuesday mornings are now my movie mornings. After relaxing for two hours, it is wonderful to walk into a clean house.

My quilt-frame doesn’t face the sliding door in the room and even if it did, I would not be able to stare outside as I am focused on the job on the frame.  However, with soft rain drizzling outside, I couldn’t resist and again realized hubby can be so proud of his garden.  A sight for sore eyes.

I received a mostly blue block quilt and the quilter requested I only do circles on the quilt and not too dense.  Using 3 different sized circle templates I started but what a slow-moving job.  One has to clip and bury threads after every circle, painstakingly tedious.  However, after finishing a take or two I could not help noticing the amazing texture these circles created.

Only after 7 hours of quilting I was able to see the end of the top and at that stage, if I had to guess at least 3 more hours to go. I decided to at least give the quilter a fair warning as to the time which obviously influences the price.

Eleven and a half hours later, I could call it done and I am still in awe about how one simply motif can create such beautiful texture.



No comments:

Post a Comment