Sunday, March 21, 2021

Pension and a medallion quilt

I know it is still early days with plenty of my last salary left (no financial woes yet) but I love being on pension.

Before taking a shower in the morning, at a time that is convenient to me and not because I have to rush and get ready for work, I have time to leisurely walk through every room in my house, check that it is neat, empty dustbins, flush toilets (especially when the little ones came for a visit), wipe and dust a little (if needed).  I then wipe down my garden furniture (something I only did on weekends prior to pension) but now I use it all day and prefer it clean.

I entertain the parrot by taking her all over the house and having her sit in different spots in the garden or house and doing a binding while sitting with her by the Lapa is something, I always dreamt of but never had the time.  Bindings were done, early evening by the TV before having to go to bed.

I now have time to put different décor weekly on the outside table by the kitchen.

Making dinner can be done in sections during the whole day and food, such as fish back and bones that would usually simply be discarded now gets fried in a little dough to serve as a starter.

I made table covers (quilted, so not cloths) for the serving tables under the Lapa but made these from stain-resistant fabric and reversible.  Sadly, after washing, the fabric shrunk and the binding not, so somewhat wavy and smaller than the actual table but it will still, suffice.


While still having a private medical aid, I also had a biopsy done on a mark on my arm that in the last year started turning red.  Luckily just a little sun damage and nothing serious.

A customer quilt arrived earlier last week and it was a soft colored medallion with plenty of different shapes in which I could play to my hearts’ delight.






No comments:

Post a Comment