Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Nativity panel

When I did free motion quilting on my domestic machine, I always thought a panel to be the best exercise for different motifs as it has so many interesting elements in one panel allowing you to do plenty of things.

I haven’t done that many panels since I got the frame but when this nativity panel arrived, it just confirmed my opinion about panels and practice again.

Every little shape/animal/figure posed a challenge as to what should be quilted in it.  Some worked better than others but I still got in all the exercise needed.

Here a couple of quilted pictures/motifs can be seen.



Most of the other characters/trees were simply outlined, so more thread painting than quilting.


 I did a wide rope around the border

This panel with added border finished at 44” x 51”



No comments:

Post a Comment