Monday, March 22, 2021

Farewell day and an all backing quilt

I wanted to give my two female co-workers at the office a decent farewell and it turned out to take up a whole day.  It started off with a full body massage for the two of them that should have taken an hour but afterward while bathing their feet in a pebble foot bath with champagne, the two ladies took much longer than anticipated

Then we had a rather late breakfast where hubby joined us to give them each a small hamper with lots of girly stuff

Then off to a game drive, just us 3 girls, another little food hamper for the road and a little bottle of something stronger but by then, Zelda (the one in yellow) already spoke in a different much friendlier voice after the two cocktails we had at breakfast and obviously the champagne at the Spa

A tall glass of R & R after the game drive before we returned to our house.

I bought each a 28L Hisense Air Fryer and these were loaded in their cars when they got to us.  Then it was time for me to demonstrate (as if I knew) how to use these and I sent them off with my specialty drink, the Banana Daiquiri.  I am sure their families were greeted by two very friendly ladies.

A quilting friend brought me a piece of 108” wide backing, told me to chop it in half, trim the top to be smaller than the back, and quilt it.  She was not in the mood to piece blocks to end up with a quilt.  So, I did just that.



No comments:

Post a Comment