Sunday, February 28, 2021

Two baby quilts in green and grey

Earlier in the week I received two baby quilts.  Knowing that it is financial year-end for us which entails stock-taking, furthermore, we’ve sold the business and the new owners wanted to take over on 1 March.  Things had to happen suddenly and fast and I warned the quilter that I might take some time before starting.

One may think, once you sell a business it is just a matter of handing the keys over and moving out.  There are still many more things to finish. I managed to move most of my office out to the house on Saturday.  I am sure it will take time and plenty of re-organizing before my setup will run smoothly but for now, I am out of the old and starting a new little adventure.

I decided to take Sunday off and with hubby playing golf, I had time for my hobby and got going with these two quilts.

The quilter and I decided on all-over motifs for both and it went fairly quickly especially seeing that I didn’t even have to change thread color when starting the second quilt.


Now I feel ready for the new week as I still have to go to the office on Monday to delete my accounting program and bring it over to my home computer.

As for The 28-day diet, I am still going strong but cheat in regards to the wine, I just can’t go without it.  On day 11 (weigh day) I’ve lost 1.8 kg and my co-worker a whopping 3,65 kg.  I am seriously planning to hold out for the whole 28 days.

The kids and little ones will be coming over later, so plenty of family time ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment