Sunday, February 14, 2021

Fairy panel

I got to finish this fairy panel over the weekend and it is an interesting story behind the quilt.  I spoke to the quilter over the phone a couple of months ago and she assured me that she is confident in quilting her own quilts using meandering in different sizes.  I really don’t have a problem with that seeing that I myself did my own quilting for 17 years and the reason she phoned was to ask why I needed extra backing fabric as she helped a family member who uses me to finish her quilts.  After explaining, she understood and we never spoke again.

Last week I got a quilt from her via the family member with the only instruction to do as I see good.  I’ll admit, I was somewhat nervous knowing that she is capable and confident in her own quilting and now leave the job up to me but then I can only do the best I can, so I got going.

I enjoyed doing this and sent photos of the completed quilt to the family member but has not heard from the family member or the quilter again.  Thus, I have no idea whether I’ve met the criteria, did extremely well, or failed miserably.

I guess new situations, problems, and challenges will arise the more I quilt for others and I just have to learn to deal with it as it comes my way.





No comments:

Post a Comment