Thursday, February 18, 2021

The 28-day diet

 This is something rather popular in South Africa and one of my co-workers, in desperate need to diet, talked about this for a while.  Not really having to lose plenty of weight, I decided to support her and we seriously began this on 15 February.  I have to admit I found buying all the ingredients needed to follow rather expensive but as my husband said, if you subtract that from what you normally pay for what you eat, it might just surprise you.  So off shopping, I went on Valentine’s Day… my special Valentine’s Day treat was that hubby went shopping with me instead of playing golf… how romantic.

Spent the rest of my Sunday measuring quantities, cooking soup, and prepping meals for hubby who definitely does not need any diet.  Can’t have the skinny man eat steamed fruit now, can I?

Apparently the first 4 days are the worst as it is total detox days and I guess for me the hardest was to quit any wine drinking and substitute this with water.  Weighing should be done on day 1 before you start and then only on Day 4 again.  I even downloaded an app on my phone called “Monitor your weight” to see if there would be any improvement.

Day 1 was hell.  I had 3 meals compared to my normal one per day but the last time I can remember being this hungry was when I broke my jaw and even then, I could sip some wine to drown my sorrows, now no wine at all.

The steamed dried fruit for breakfast was a hit, at least for the parrot.  I have to agree, not what I usually have but not bad at all.

Lunch on day 2 was fish with either one vegetable or salad and I opted for a salad and to make the meal more appealing I poured my lemon water into a wine glass.

Suppers were the worst, having to sit by hubby while he’d eat our usual food and I had to eat whatever was on the menu for that day.  Here he had rice, prawns, and tuna salad while I had to do with 2 boiled eggs in tomato and onion sauce.

And then day 4 arrived, the second day to weigh.... what an utter disappointment!  I have only lost 200 grams!  Is all the planning, buying, eating really worth it?  I will wait to hear from my co-worker to see if she didn’t maybe lose more weight.

Anyway time for my cereal, no sugar, and low-fat milk to start the day.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. You must be drinking a lot more water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ek het maar opgegee. Die kilo's bly sit nou al vir 5 jaar. Dieet is net nie meer vir my die moeite werd nie en moeg vir mag nie dit of dat eet nie. Trevor kook nou elke dag noudat hy afgetree is en ek nog werk, so ek kan mos nie sê ek gaan nie jou kos eet nie. Probeer wel bedags versigtig wees. Darem al 6kg minder as 2 jaar gelede. Nee wat, geniet jou normale kos.

    ReplyDelete