Sunday, May 26, 2019

Phew! I’m bushed!


Almost 4 hours of travelling, with the odd stop and missed off-ramps my daughter and I, arrived in Sin City (anywhere near Johannesburg) and immediately went to the Magic Mama baby show.  Now regarding myself as a pro with quilt festivals, I had a plan of action.  Day one would consist only of looking, taking notes of what looked worthwhile and marking stall numbers of what we liked most.  Day 2 would be a major shopping day.

However taking brand new expecting mom along, trying to explain that tomorrow is another day, is almost hopeless.  Some things she just needed NOW or TODAY but the foundation was laid.  Even only mostly looking on day 1, we were dead tired that evening but we had the quaintest guesthouse and a lovely hostess.

We were in our PJ’s and in bed at 18:30 that evening.  Now my kids can’t understand why I am up at 3:30 or at least before 4 am each morning and I think my daughter now understands.  With us being literally asleep by 8 pm, I woke up before 4 am the next morning to find this young lady already awake and on her phone.  Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.

Day 2, after a lovely fruit salad and flapjack breakfast we arrived at the venue exactly at the time they opened and then major shopping happened.  We had our list of needs and wants and my daughter even attended a lecture on breastfeeding after she was totally freaked out by a demonstration on breast pumps.  Now she is much more relaxed about that issue.

Another 4 hours’ drive back, we could proudly display our purchases packing it from my car to hers. Needless to say, another extra-early bedtime, that evening.

As for my Handy Dandy scrap quilt, it is done and I will purchase the batting somewhere in next week and then can start the quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment