Wednesday, May 15, 2019

A Handy Dandy Scrap quilt – Clue 4


Ah crap…. I printed out Clue 4 and realised it started with a step I haven’t seen before just to notice that what I thought was Clue 3 completed, had a second page and I never did that!
Well the customer quilt has been loaded so the clues had to wait; I’d much rather free motion than piecing.
Unbelievable to me, I too fell into the trap of cutting through the tip of my finger and nail with a rotary cutter after, for years, I refused to understand how any quilter can be that dumb if it happened to them. Now this was taken roughly 4 days after it happened and it is healing nicely but you wouldn’t believe how, most everything, gets into that little cut, my hair, thread, pet hair and what not.  I therefore still keep a plaster on most of the time.

Much later, about a week or so and the customer quilt is off the frame, knowing that the grandkids will come over later on Saturday, I got going with the missing step from clue 3

Grandkids gone and I finished this up as us, old people, were dead tired and we hit the sack early that evening.

Went shopping one day and upon my return, walking into my sewing room, I realised what a hot mess Clue 4 caused and with this one I had to have my wits about me.  It really took some concentrating.

With the main blocks of this clue done, this time I did see the second page.  Assembling to begin, this might take a while.

Clue 4 can be found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment