Friday, May 17, 2019

A Handy Dandy Scrap quilt – Starting to assemble the main body of the top


Phew! I’ve been cooking venison off the bones for days now but I refuse to simply discard these as this finely cooked meat works great in pies, in ‘vetkoek’ (non-South Africans can simply google the word and go to images to see what these look like) or simply instead of ground beef as curry with rice.

This is actually still part of Clue 4 but all the blocks are placed on-point and I chose to piece my rows at an angle to make joining these easier (I think?)

Row 1 done and I still like it a lot.

A new delivery arrived at the office and all South Africans will agree with me that we tolerate bad service like no one else can.  After all, it is all we have.

However a couple of months ago I discovered the Handi Quilter South African website and this must surely be the best service ever.  I am as happy as a cat with cream (wondering if my cats liked cream??)

I made the first batch of venison curry and invited friends Karin and André over for supper one evening and it was extremely good curry.  I got this recipe from a co-worker and it has never disappointed me.

In the meanwhile, I got a rather interesting arty quilt from a customer, so the progress on my scrap quilt is once again interrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment