Saturday, May 04, 2019

A Handy Dandy Scrap quilt – Cutting and getting ready to start


While searching through my scrap drawers to find the right colour fabric for the applique I did on the Woodland Animals quilt it again hit me just how much scraps I have.  Worst of all is that not all of these are mere 2 or 3-inch pieces, some are easily the size of a long or fat quarter and I gave myself a friendly reminder of one of my New Years’ resolutions which were to use my scraps in quilts.

In January I already started downloading the clues to a mystery quilt by Charlotte Hawkes but I just had too many other things already going.  So I could watch everyone’s progress and by now had a vague idea of what the quilt would look like once completed.

Whenever I take this container out is can only mean plenty of scrappy cuts that I need to keep track of.  So the container came into play and I got cutting.

Pretty soon after the cutting started it dawned on me that I can make life so much easier if I just used my Accuquilt Go cutter.

Even with this, and it may not look like much but it still took up most of a full day.


The cutting instructions and Clue 1 can be found HERE.

Then I too could finally start with clue 1 – months later than the other participants!


No comments:

Post a Comment