Thursday, May 23, 2019

A Handy Dandy Scrap quilt – The top


I have plenty of other activities happening on my side but I do try and get an odd couple of minutes of quilting per day between it all and it was a great feeling to have half of the top sewn together and pinned to the design wall. I was also pleasantly surprised to see how many of my lines lined up perfectly (not all though) as I’ve found this to be almost the hardest part of a scrappy quilt. I think in this quilt the cornerstones in the sashing having to align with the blocks, made it easier.

The first border is a scrappy one too and I had to do a little more cutting, again making it easy on myself by using the Go.

The final border was a wide background border and easy on the cutting but I had a hair appointment and as much as I love being without grey hair, I hate sitting in a salon for two hours.  I am really not into making small talk and I think people sense that and simply stay away from me.  So these sessions are really boring.  Luckily one of my favourite restaurants are opposite the salon and when I park and show the signal, they know to wait for 15 minutes and then deliver a carafe dry white wine to the salon.  When sipping on the ice cold wine while playing a game on my phone the time pass somewhat faster.

With both, the borders attached my quilting activities stopped for a while.

While posting this I am packed to go to a Baby Show in Randburg (some 3 hours’ drive from us) with my daughter.  It is her first baby, so she goes big and mom has to tag along.  This reminds me of the picture doing the rounds on Facebook.

21

1 comment: