Saturday, March 09, 2019

Good Fortune – My idea of finished

I finally got around to sewing the first border on and decided that would be it.  As much as I tried, I just can’t get myself to in any way, shape or form like this quilt; it won’t fit on any of our beds, is not something one can gift to a non-quilter as I believe scrappy quilts take time to get used to and I still don’t like the color combinations.  So why on earth would I punish myself to work even longer on a quilt that would have very little meaning or purpose to me?  So this is it after border one and to me as far as it would go. No offense meant against Bonnie as I do appreciate her sharing her talents and free patterns with us but this quilt simply did not do it for me.

Luckily I had batting and backing on hand.  I don’t think I would have even bothered to quilt this if it meant going out to buy anything.

So the quilt had one basic purpose; to serve as a free motion practice piece and that it did.  However, being this busy it is of little use to plan an eloquent design that will never show up on the front, so I opted to practice a single design I’ve learned from the book by Dorie Hruska called Making Connections.


I like this.  It will be a quick filler, give a nice texture to a quilt but I think the blocks should be slightly bigger not to have this take up hours of the quilting time.


Still not motivated by the quilt to continue, I opted for a large scale meandering for the rest, just to finish this up and get it off the frame.  (I had something new and exciting I wanted to start playing with).


It even took me forever and a day to get the binding done but by then I had my new project loaded onto the frame and although tedious work, I think it might just turn out rather good.
This is then my completed Good Fortune.



No comments:

Post a Comment