Sunday, March 17, 2019

Disparity 2

Six bobbins later and I have stitched the whole background and all the black lines in between the shapes.  Then the fun (to do the fillers in different colours) could start.  With Lea Day’s book 365 free motion designs close by, I rummaged through my Isacord thread cabinet to find just the right shade for all the different colours. Seeing that my cabinet came packed with the most divine assortment of purple thread, I decided to start with a purple shape first.  Now, this, I kid you not, I could do all day long…. It is like colouring for quilters, although with thread and not crayons.


Still busy with the purple but a little further on, one could already see the texture these different free motion designs created on the quilt top.  I am loving this.


I could only endure so much doing one colour, although different shades, for a prolonged period, so even though I have not yet finished all the purple patches; I decided to use some other colours.  I also made use of YouTube videos by Whirls ‘n Swirls for some inspiration.


When MIL aged 87 very adamantly said she is so in the mood for baking she considers contacting a shop to ask if she couldn’t bake for them….( Really at your age?)  I thought ‘what the heck’, said my kids love cookies and she can come over and bake for them.  So said, so done and while she was in the kitchen, obviously all ingredients bought and paid for by us, I decided to quilt.  You do what you do best but I have had it with changing thread colours and motifs, so I opted to go for the huge skull in the centre, one colour thread and one motif.  Loads of fun until MIL realised maybe she took on a little too much for her age and yip the cleaning was left to me.  Sure she won’t have a sudden urge to bake for the nation soon again.  This was the centre but then still only partially done.


Before 6 am this morning, after I ironed the laundry and started cooking food for the stray cat at work, I finished the last bit of the skull.



Now back to changing thread colours and doing smaller bits again.

No comments:

Post a Comment