Sunday, March 31, 2019

Burp Cloths as relaxation

After the dense and intense quilting on the Disparity panel, I just wanted to do a ‘no-brainer’ and while having some flannel I decided to do burp cloths.  I also wanted to try fairly cheap pre-wound bobbins made for domestic machines in my long arm as I’ve heard these work.  I had white flannel as backing, cotton batting and two colours of flannel for the top which I laid next to each other.  I decided on a large scale relaxing meander just to get the layers to stay together.  Was kind of upset with myself for after spending almost 2 hours cleaning my frame room, rails, track, wheels, oiling the machine and washing the floor, the ‘new’ quilting was done in less than an hour.




Looking at the white backing, I think it is safe to say the smaller cheap bobbins did a fine job.
Pretty soon I had a bunch of burp cloths cut as well as flannel binding, cut on the bias, to accommodate the curves.  No one in our family is really a fan of Hello Kitty but in the central part of darkest Africa, this is the only flannel I could lay my hands on locally.



These went really quick but hopefully, I can remember whenever working with 2 layers of flannel and batting to cut my binding much wider.  I had a really hard time bringing the binding over to the other side.  Fortunately, burb clothes are not meant for shows and as long as they serve their purpose the binding can be less perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment