Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Disparity 1

Plenty happened on my side, less good news first.  The bone transplant in my upper jaw done last April failed, so my crown/implant came loose.  Most days I feared swallowing it; unfortunately, this did not deter me from eating! Back to the oral surgeon again on Monday and it turned out it was not nearly as bad as the dentist made it out to be.  The first dentist inserted the incorrect pin and with that being loose, it worked away the bone.  Artificial bone will now again have to be implanted once the jaw stops showing signs of being irritated.  So luckily not taking bone from anywhere else in my body to fix this.

Relaxing news is that my daughter and I, treated ourselves to a lovely pedicure and foot massage on Sunday but I got the appointment time wrong and when she arrived at my house half an hour before the time, I was still wandering around in my PJ’s.  Fastest shit, shave and shampoo I had in ages!

Good news, I got a new car.  This will definitely be our last vehicle purchase and should take us into old age but getting used to which button operates what is still somewhat of a struggle.  The annoying little beeper most new cars nowadays have to warn you when you get too close to anything, is slightly working on my nerves as it seems I am always too close to everything.

Wonderful news…. My daughter (almost 28) is pregnant.  It is still the very early stages but excitement galore. Well, back to quilting.

Towards the end of last year, I discovered Honest Fabric a company selling pre-printed quilt panels which allows you to simply have fun and quilt without having to piece a single thing.  This is so becoming my thing!

Choosing a panel turned out to be harder than I thought but being a fan of Karlee Porter, also known as the Graffiti quilter, as well as following her blog; I simply couldn’t resist her Disparity panel with a black background. These panels can be purchased in different sizes and I got the 88 x 104 inch.  I also ordered a King size backing to go with the top from Langa Lapu


I started out doing flame shapes on the background and securing the rest of the quilt by quilting over all the black lines.  Karlee couched wool onto her black lines but I don’t think I will go that far as she entered her quilt into the Houston international quilt festival and I just plan to use mine as a cover for a bed.  In this picture, the backing I got to go with this can also be seen on the top of the photo.



The fabric these panels are made of is what resembles percale to me and I notice little specks from the lighter underside of the top poking through to the top black but these actually look worse on the photo than on the actual quilt, so I am going to live with it.





1 comment:

  1. Hmm ja, had a very bad experience last year with Pro Bolus from Langa Lapu fabrics. So bad that I vow NEVER to buy from them again. It took me close to 3 months to get the fabric. Every time another excuse. Every time I have to make contact again and ask... Never, not once did she contact me. I am actually still waiting for the tracking number of that package which she never got around to letting me know. It was even worse service than what you get from the Government institutions as you know you can expect bad or no service at all. I did receive the fabric long last but that was the first and only time doing business with her. Oh, she did call me once asking if I would mind paying more than the original price we agreed upon.... Luckily for email, I had it in writing so no going back there.

    ReplyDelete