Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Disparity 3

When I got to the white teeth I decided to quilt every tooth individually in order not to have white thread show up on the black lines in between the teeth.  This meant clipping thread, tying knots and burying the thread tails after each tooth but I think at the end worth the effort for a good looking finish.


Speaking of teeth I went go back to the dentist on Monday to have a filling put behind the hole where the surgeon screwed in the crown.  This was a quick session and I was home before I knew it. I do however need to return to the surgeon on 17 May for a little bone transplant in the upper jaw.

I am experimenting and playing around on my machine, not only using different modes for different motifs but also working at different speeds.  I have heard of many a quilter that got stuck to the mode they started out in and never try anything else.  This is so sad for sometimes something as stupid as using a slower speed can make all the difference in the final look of the motif.

A look at another fun little colourful area in the panel.


Tuesday was a fun day in that I had two treatments booked.  My nails got done and shortly thereafter I had all the awful grey washed out of my head.  Ready again for a couple of weeks or so. 

Poor granddaughter just found out she had to go for another procedure on 26 April and I so hope this will finally solve all the issues she endured from birth.  One really feels helpless if a little one is in agony or discomfort and after years of doctors’ visits and in-hospital treatments we still could not see any progress.  So touch wood this would solve her problem as she has already lost 30% of the function in one kidney.

I also pickled some chillies/jalapenos – I don’t mind mixing these as long as they are fiery hot and this on barbequed bread will be my staple food from today.  Hubby left at 04:30 for the airport as he is going on a fishing trip for a whole week somewhere in the desert in Namibia, so no cooking at all!

With him up and gone so early I still had plenty of play time behind the frame before having to go to the office.  I am now getting to the final stage of putting motifs in every colour.



No comments:

Post a Comment