Sunday, August 19, 2018

Hopefully the last of winter


Winter has been playing games with us; being rather mild since April and then turning vicious on Women’s’ Day, to turn back to almost bearable just to give us a final reminder this past weekend.  I don’t recall ever finding it as hard to get out of bed as this Saturday.

We’ve been rather active with grand princess turning 6 on Tuesday and us having a family barbeque at their house…. Way too much to eat but that seems to be the norm when I plan a diet.


On Saturday she had a ‘high tea’ with some of her friends and it being as cold as it was we had to dress for the occasion, ladies were to be “mams” and the men had to have suits on. Well I’ve been the good grandma and got dressed in a neat dress, stocking and all while hubby cheated wearing a bow tie with his denims, shirt and jacket.

Big man would not allow us to go home without him and princess joined us later.  Between the two of them we were kept rather busy.

After their parents fetched them on Saturday afternoon I got to start joining the rows of my Simplify quilt and it is turning much bigger than I anticipated and after stitching together the first row, I ran to my frame to see if it would fit.  Imagine me, having a long arm and asking someone else to quilt it!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having fun with the kids. I think I get mine back this weekend. My quilting is on hold right now. Chris

    ReplyDelete