Wednesday, August 29, 2018

A little bit of this and that


I’ve made modifications to my backing leaders after watching THIS You Tube video by Lorena.  For one I don’t have to find the center of my backings anymore and I wouldn’t need to use pins too.  I haven’t had the chance to try it out yet but if it works for her I’m sure it would for me.

I had ruler stands made for my long-arm rulers and it almost looks organised but I guess I will need a little more of these to make life easier.


The needle shaft on my machine got hurt and had to be replaced and after the replacement my machine refused to switch on again.  Boy, the problems I’ve had with this machine, just never seem to end.  I now threw my toys out of the cot and made a list of everything that has been bugging me, even after several ‘fixes’ and I expect this to be sorted finally.

The problem just is with 4 quilts waiting to be quilted I am now (yet again) stranded without a machine and I don’t have a clue for how long.

At least, not being able to quilt will make me cook, so for the next couple of days hubby will dine in style.

I’ve finished the top of my Simplify quilt and with the design wall empty I could actually start another project but at this stage I am just so frustrated not having my long-arm I just don’t feel like quilting.  Being bored however got to me and I played around with free motion quilting on my trusty PFAFF 2056 domestic.  You just have to love the tension on a PFAFF.  I’ve never FM quilted on this specific machine and with no supreme slider, no gloves and no spray basting I popped a test piece under the needle and it just went like a hot knife through butter.  If only I can have this feeling on my long arm although tension on my long arm has not really been one of my issues.

I also pieced large 15” squares of my fugly pink fabric in my stash to use as a backing for the donated quilt top mentioned in my previous post.

Binge watched The Messengers and moved onto watching Reverie and while my son got me a new laptop I thought I’d be watching this in bed at night alas be it TV or series on the computer, once my body hit the sack, I am as out as I can be.  So not much success with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment