Saturday, August 25, 2018

Donated quilt top


Some time ago fellow quilter, Sonja, gave me a partially made top and said I should finish it for grand princess.  Kind of a daunting task taking over someone else’s project and pretending to know what you do!

This was what I initially got.  A bag filled with parts of this project.


I figured the best way to get going would be to at least iron everything out just to have a clearer view of what happened prior to me taking over and this looked much better


I also ironed the already finished part of the top to put that up against the design wall along with the magazine picture of the quilt.


I didn’t have the pattern but from previously cut blocks could measure for size and after very little cutting was needed I got to finish the top which turned out beautiful.

Thanks Sonja, I am sure granddaughter would be impressed.

1 comment:

  1. This is a cute idea. Have to get some more sewing done around here. Chris

    ReplyDelete