Monday, August 06, 2018

Another failed diet


Ughh, I positively started to diet some 2 weeks ago.  This winter was demanding and I ate to make to myself feel better or whatever other excuse would sound better.  Week one went great, not a single sin, not a single peanut reached my mouth and wonder above wonders I lost 2 kilograms!  Then we moved on to week two and the cookie crumbled, no in fact it disintegrated.

With grand princess in hospital on my birthday, celebrations had to wait for another day which turned out to be the Monday of week 2.  The restaurant we went to serves peanuts as a snack to kill time and I lost the battle.  I would certainly change my religion when it comes to peanuts!  Okay so day 1 week 2 screwed but my friends gave me glass ice buckets to get me to get rid of the plastic one I’ve been using ever since I needed an ice bucket.  Now I can have my ice served in style.



Then friend Karin phoned an invited us for supper on Wednesday….. way too much food and somehow the four of us always loses the plot when together, with too much eating and drinking but heck, we end up happy at the end of the day.  This is us having fun.





Before going home Karin gave me my birthday gift from her and replaced my bruised 12½” square ruler as at this stage all my blocks have neatly rounded corners from chipping away at my ruler with the rotary cutter. This was accompanied by everything I liked as can be seen on my photo.



Then my son and the grand babies came over for supper on Thursday seeing that DIL needed quiet time to do an online test and what did this mom do?  Cook as for the army with something of everyone’s favorite which I obviously ate a little of everything.

Friday off to shopping and dinner with my daughter and Saturday cake and tea for another birthday celebration.  Hopefully I’ll get my diet back on track this week although I already have another dinner date on Wednesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment