Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Ever after kids’ panel – Part 5

The string piecing I did in the previous post on this quilt, lead to this round.  When I realised I had to make 28 identical blocks, I almost gave up but once I tackled it one strip, one diagonal stitching line and one cut at a time it got done.


I however realised that I will, in future, pay serious attention to my cutting and piecing.  None of my corners lined up and it sucked.  I think I am so eager to simply finish a quilt that I don’t pay enough attention to the finer detail, including the direction the seams are supposed to be pressed. This is not a very nice realisation after you’ve been quilting this long!!

1 comment:

  1. Remember you haven't felt well. It is amazing you got this far. The "Quilt Police" won't come to visit I am sure. Chris

    ReplyDelete