Sunday, June 06, 2021

What a week

The beginning of this week was not at all what I envisioned.  With Roland Garos having started (I am a tennis-watching addict) I dug up an age-old handwork UFO, hubby playing golf at Sun City and me not having to cook, I promised myself a week of doing as little as possible for as long as possible.

However, on Saturday I got the first of heaps of e-mails from our auditors, them, I suspect, wanting to finish off most of the sold business so we could each go on with our lives BUT I felt it was Saturday and chose to ignore them.  Big mistake as when I truly started reading the mails on Monday, I realised they wanted LOTS of information and with having moved from the office to the house, everything needed to be dug out of boxes stored in the garage.

Then I received no less than 4 quilts on Monday and I was so frustrated because if I didn’t have all this stuff to do for the auditors, I could have easily quilted mornings and watched tennis while doing handwork in the afternoons.

Anyway, as with all good fortunately all bad comes to an end as well and I got all the info the auditors needed and life could return to fairly normal.

First up was a quilt from my only male quilter and he calls it easy blocks with old fabrics and he only requited soft curves from side to side.

Then a quilt by his sister and the name of this pattern is Renew me.  She wanted edge to edge all-over quilting and I decided on the Oakish leave motif.

A quick basting-only quilt.  The quilter will do the quilting on her domestic machine.

And finally, a stunning autumn coloured quilt.

All these quilts have been returned to their owners and I can start the new week on a clean slate.

No comments:

Post a Comment