Friday, June 18, 2021

Receipt roll quilt – The start

A quilter came to fetch her finished quilt one morning while I was searching the internet for ideas to use my scraps when she mentioned receipt roll quilts.  Now I’ve seen how it was done but didn’t quite go further to see what a completed quilt would look like.  When she mentioned it again, I started looking for completed quilts using these rolls and immediately fell in love with the first image I saw.

I got out a receipt roll and got going.

I found working on a complete roll rather cumbersome so opted to cut roughly 10” strips to do one at a time which looked something like this.

This is such a strip trimmed neatly.

I marked the centre of the strip.

From the background fabric, I cut 6” squares cut in half from corner to corner and marked the centre of both cut edges.

Matching the centres on the strip and triangles I stitched these together.

Finally, the block was trimmed down to 6½”.

Joining 4 of these blocks gave me a large block of 12½”.

I am in no hurry to finish this and will become my interim project when not quilting for a customer.  I am still loving all the free time with being on pension but I soon realised I will have to find more to keep myself busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment