Saturday, June 26, 2021

Large scale crosses

Friday turned out to be a rather dusty one in this house.  Hubby got men to fell a couple of trees or at least just cut them shorter and comb and maintain the Lapa.  With one of the trees down, he found this little chap on the grass and brought him to safety.

At first, I thought this was a 9-patch quilt until I popped it on the frame and saw that the rectangle in the middle was a solid piece.

This was another fun project to work on.  Somehow, I find edge-to-edge quilting rather boring, I love planning different motifs in different blocks or in this case just how to get from one block to another without breaking thread.  It is not always possible but when it works, it feels good.

This quilt is another successful project by my only male customer.




No comments:

Post a Comment