Monday, November 30, 2020

Upcycled clothing quilt – Part 2

I found the shirts or at least some of them and started cutting.  Hats off to all those ladies making quilts from shirts, it sucks!  Most of the hubby’s shirts are Pringle brand and it clearly states on the label that it is 100% cotton but heck what a nightmare to cut these, they stretch doesn’t stay straight and in general, is simply a pain to work with.  Fortunately, I only had to cut squares and the edges would be hidden under the denim flaps, so a little off square here and there wouldn’t be seen too easily.

After finally cutting enough squares to fill all the spaces, I could take this down from the design wall to my sewing table to pin each square in place.

This must surely be my first project using this much pins.  In fact, I ran out of pins and had to start sewing some flaps down just to free up pins.

Apart from the project with the most pins, or maybe because of the pins, it also turned out to be the most pain I experienced while making a project.  These pins simply poked me everywhere.  I don’t think I had a single finger, lower arm and even my legs that didn’t get stabbed.  This was a slow-going process, sew a little, drink a lot to numb the pain, sew a little, drink a lot and before the end of the day too tipsy to continue.  This went on for several days.

I am finally done and frayed denim edges or not, surely the one scrappy project I love to bits (once completed).

To prep for a customer quilt and get this one out of the way I tossed it on the guest bedroom bed and it so turned out the current pillowcases would work perfectly with this one.








No comments:

Post a Comment