Sunday, November 01, 2020

Iessie’s tele quilt

Local teacher, Iessie Steenberg, decided to keep quilters, who love their group meetings and classes, sane during the pandemic by offering what she calls tele-quilts.

You ask her to add your phone number to the WhatsApp group she started and then once a month she’ll share a block/technique and leaves it up to you.

You can then decide to just make one block for your reference file, make a couple as a cushion cover or runner or go on and make a full quilt.

The instructions to these are extremely clear and well explained with a picture followed by a voice note and the best of all it is FREE.

I only found out about the group long after the worst of the lockdown was over but decided to tackle the first technique I received.  I’ve made several quilts similar to this, only using more strips per block, so this one will have a different look from what I made in the past.

She only used two colours and basically sub-cut squares whereas I decided to use jelly rolls and more colours instead.



I thought of making a bed quilt but when I saw how busy this was going to turn out, opted to stop at a table runner.



No comments:

Post a Comment