Thursday, November 12, 2020

Zig zag shirt quilt

We all go through Covid and when it doesn’t hit home, we just don’t take it seriously but when I got this quilt, the story behind it, really made me think hard.  Grandpa and grandma living on their own, adhering to all the lockdown rules with the kids doing their shopping and delivering everything on the porch or through a window left open by the elderly (75 years old). 

Then as lockdown levels lowered, friends from a nearby farm, meaning well decided to pop in and visit for tea.  Need I say more, both parents succumbed to this virus?  This quilt was made by the daughter-in-law to give to her brother-in-law. 

She is also making another from grandpa’s shirts for her sister-in-law.  Losing one parent is bad enough; imagine losing both in the same week.

I had some stitch issues when I started this and I’ve tried almost everything I can think of.  At times I get it to work but after a while, it would act up again.  My machine has however worked overtime lately, so maybe a little break might be the answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment