Thursday, October 22, 2020

Squares for granny

After my first (long) dentist visit on Tuesday, I received this quilt made from large colourful squares to fit the bed of a grandmother moving to an old age facility.  The quilter wondered whether the colours weren’t too bright for an elderly person but I feel just because we get old, does not mean everything around us should be dull.  A little colour goes a long way to lift ones’ spirit.

She too requested an edge to edge design combining flowers with hearts. Parrot woke up way too early after her afternoon nap and with hubby out of town on a business trip; I couldn’t do much more than entertain the parrot until bedtime.  For those who do not know, our parrot has never been closed in a cage, if she’s awake she’s with one of us at all times.

I only got a little quilting done on Wednesday but at least made a start.  Thursday afternoon I had the youngest grandchild as their playschool was closed due to parents testing positive for Covid but I continued quilting while she took a nap and could finish up after they left.



No comments:

Post a Comment