Sunday, October 18, 2020

Quilt made from shirts

I had an active week, can’t really remember what happened on Monday but I did some shopping and made supper, Tuesday got my hair trimmed and had supper with 2 other quilters whom I haven’t seen in ages…. Major chatting and catching up done.


Wednesday time for the dentist appointment, after being messed around by the previous dentist (before the tennis) I decided to find another dentist.  At least two more visits next week and then we’ll discuss any further plans of action.

I ordered new stencils and a lovely quilt book which arrived via courier on Wednesday, so plenty of dreaming about future quilts.

Received a quilt made from shirts of a dad who passed away end March for the kids to keep as a memory.  This one posed a huge problem, the used shirt fabric had plenty of stretch in it while the denim sashing did not move a single bit.  Having done most of the sashing to stabilise the quilt, I got stuck with puffing shirt squares that I really didn’t know what to do with.

In the end, I quilted with one hand while trying to push and shove the fabric puffs to be the least visible but unknown to me, the same thing happened on the back sheeting.  I ended up with a couple of unexpected pleats but the quilter luckily understood as she experienced the same stretching while piecing the top.

Quilting was interrupted when our youngest granddaughter had her first birthday party at our house and at this stage, she really could not quite understand what the hype was all about.  She, however, did enjoy all the friends and watching them do everything, she soon will be able to do by herself.


Finished up the last bit of quilting this morning and even already oiled and cleaned my machine for a quilt booking tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment