Friday, August 27, 2021

Scrappy squares

Yesterday was yet another laid back relaxing day for hubby and me.  He did some work in the garage while I cleaned and oiled my machines before continuing with my scrappy receipt roll blocks.

A quilter dropped off her quilt which was made up of all scrappy blocks with the most vibrant colours.  Being an artist, she didn’t go for the traditional matching or blending thread but chose a deep fuchsia for her top thread.  I liked her being that daring and when done, with all the other colours in the fabric, it did not stand out terribly.

I sent her a message to say it was finished a couple of hours later and she was so excited, she immediately came over to fetch it.

Today I have to return quilts via courier to their owner and I intend to do everything needed to be done in that part of town as I am becoming all the lazier to make trips daily.




No comments:

Post a Comment