Saturday, August 21, 2021

Hexagons

As promised, I worked on this while hubby played golf on Friday and for some reason the quilter did not like this quilt and plans to use this in a guest bungalow and only requested edge to edge all over quilting.

I liked this and would have loved to do a stencil pattern in the large diamonds but not my quilt, not my choice.

It is my son’s birthday today and my daughter-in-law hinted badly for curried tripe but because I know she likes doing her own celebrations I decided to invite them on Sunday afternoon which obviously meant having to do something different for my vegetarian daughter.

I tried my hand at Jackfruit and I was pleasantly surprised about the texture resembling chicken.  I spoke to a vegetarian cook and he said the fruit takes on the flavour of the spices you add, fish, chicken or meat but sadly I have to say NOTHING takes on the flavour of decently cooked tripe.  At least I have something for her to eat.

This is a close-up look of the quilting


The completed quilt measured 85 x 94


The backing shows the 3’s and E’s motif off the best


No comments:

Post a Comment