Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Fleeced backed disappearing 9 patch

I am so glad I got this quilt to do.  It only had fleece as a backing with no batting and I always warn quilters that fleece stretches on the frame irrespective of how careful I try to be.  This is a good example to show what it looks like once the quilt is taken off the frame and the fleece relaxes.

On this quilt, I took a chance and did not even put on my side clamps which could have led to puckers in the backing but the fleece was so thin and stretchy, no matter how careful I tried to be it looked wrinkled when done.  My husband however loved the look. 

I treated myself to a nice hair cut and colour this morning and with no quilts awaiting I am also hoping to give my inflamed wrist somewhat of a break.




No comments:

Post a Comment