Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Almost twin quilts – The second one


Hubby went to sleep with the grand dogs (yip, some of us have those too) while the kids went out of town but I asked him to clear the dining room table in order for me to start marking the second quilt.  We are in the process of redecorating and everything is absolutely all over the place. 

Started marking and almost got halfway when the need for sleep took over but needed to get up early the next morning to finish as grinding into the walls to move an electric socket needed to be done.  I don’t need all that dust on a customer quilt.

I chose a different motif for the printed blocks but wanted to keep the two sister quilts fairly similar.  Didn’t want the one to feel she got less.  Marking, needless to say, took forever and just when I thought I was done and walked away from the light table, I saw that I missed the marking on one full row.  Duh!!!

Anyway, the age-old saying proved itself again with this second quilt.  “Practise makes perfect”.  Sewing on the marked line on this second quilt (after doing it on 48 blocks in the first) came so much more natural and easy.

When I only had one more border to do I took a photo to show the ever so subtle differences between the two quilts, the centre motif, the sashing and the borders, all had a different take on it.


Finally done with both and this is quilt B



2 comments: