Sunday, July 07, 2019

A laid back Sunday


With no quilt on the frame, not in the mood for piecing, a quilt waiting to have the binding finished by hand (which I started this afternoon sitting by hubby at the TV as he played golf this morning), I decided to take some ‘me-time’ and stay in my PJ’s (cold enough) and do whatever I want if I feel like it.

First up was doodling some of the beautiful quilting designs seen all over the WWW, building memory muscle should I ever want to try it on a quilt.

Then I made a new tension test sample for the frame.  I’ve been through plenty of these as I like to know that I have good tension before starting a quilt.  In the process of having made so many, I’ve learnt a lot.  My first ones were way too wide and one doesn’t really need all that width as you can see tension problems rather quickly.  So this one is about 12” wide but much longer; now I have space to go for quite a while before having to make a new tester.

Next up was the ties on cushions meant for my dining room chairs, I purchased months ago.  The ties on the cushions were made for a different kind of chair and didn’t fit around the back of our chairs.  So I clipped one end of the double-folded tie, stitched that to the other ends to get them longer and now the cushions are neatly tied and won’t fall all over the place.

While in that room I decided to do a little cupboard and drawer clutter inspection and wipe all with a wet cloth.  I did good and got rid of more than one shopping bag of clutter.  I was glad hubby was not here as he ‘saves’ more clutter than I can get rid of.  Now that room is good for a couple of months again.

Apparently ‘laid back’ means cleaning to me as next up was the dining room sideboard.  With everything in it washed and the racks and drawers wiped, I decided to pour myself a glass of wine just to get chilled.  I find it extremely hard simply to sit and not do a thing, even watching a movie, takes its toll….. I just don’t do this sitting thing.  Working on a binding while watching a movie, now that is a different story.

I won’t do much quilting this coming week with it being the last week of Wimbledon.  I am glued to the TV and yes, this I can SIT and watch without becoming bored.

Anyway felt a sore throat most of the day and fought off a cold two days ago, so I made myself a throat concoction off the internet, going to take a long, hot relaxing bath and hoping to have none of these irritations in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment